Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore cleansing masque

8:43:00




Some weeks ago (almost a month maybe) I discovered the by-then-almost-new Kiehl's store in Bilbao, my parents' city. Having read a lot about the "Midnight Recovery Concentrate" serum, I impulsively thought that was the perfect opportunity to buy and try it.

So I entered the -small- store and lied to the very nice lady there that I'd already used Kiehl's products. I went to get the infamous serum and well, my mom and I just stared at it. It was normally 60€ but it was on a Christmas sale at the time- for 40€. Usually I don't really look on how much money I spend on my skin products because I think that in the long run it's an investment, but 40€ for a serum that I don't even know if it will work for me? Yeah, no, thanks.
But being me, that just was and incentive to look for something I could use. So I started reading all the products without being drawn to no one in particular until this one, the "Rare Earth deep pore cleansing masque".


Hace ya casi un mes que descubría la tienda de Kiehl's en Bilbao. Había leído tanto sobre el serum"Midnight Recovery Concentrate" que, como iba con mi madre, entré a la tienda decidida a comprármelo.

La tienda es bastante pequeña, y una chica (muy maja) me preguntó que si había utilizado productos de Kiehl's. Odio no poder estar a mi aire en una tienda, así que le mentí y le dije que sí. Cuando encontré el serum, mi madre y yo nos quedamos mirándolo con cara de "???"; costaba 60€ de normal, pero estaba de rebajas por Navidad a 40€. Ese dineral por algo que no sé si me va a ir bien?? Eh, pues no. Además, mi madre se echó un poco en las manos para probarlo y me preguntó muy seria que porqué era tan famoso en internet. En fin.
Pero siendo como soy, eso sólo significaba que tendría que comprar alguna otra cosa, así que me leí todos los botecitos sin que ninguno llamara en especial mi atención hasta que di con ésta mascarilla, la "Rare Earth deep pore cleansing masque" (mascarilla limpiadora de poros, vaya).
Kiehl's rare earth deep pore cleansing masque
Kihehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore cleansing masque




If you're read my review on the pore-tightening Mizon toner ( here ), you know that even if I don't really have dilated pores (or really any other concerns with pores) I'm just really pro-antipore products. I also use a green clay mask every sunday and some fridays the one from The Body Shop (review here ) but I've never used white clay; so it was obviously the product I ended up buying.
Also, the nice lady talked to me about products like I didn't know what to use, so I just told her that well, I have a really acne prone skin and that I visit regularly a dermatologist, so when I pad for the masque she gave these two samples: Kiehl's Epidermal re-texturizing
 micro-dermabrasion and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free gel cream (impressions of them at the end of the entry).

Si habéis leído mi entrada sobre el tónico de Mizon ( aquí ) sabéis que aunque nunca he tenido mayor problema con los poros, siempre acabo picando con productos que dicen ser específico para ellos. Ya utilizo todos los domingos mascarilla de arcilla verde, y algún que otro viernes (dependiendo de cómo esté la cara durante la semana) la mascarillas de algas y arcilla verde de The Body Shop (hablé de ella aquí ), pero nunca he utilizado arcilla blanca, así que decidí comprármela.
Por cierto, la dependienta, muy maja, me habló de productos como si no fuera un poco friki de estas cosas, así que le aclaré que iba a dermatólogo, seguía una rutina muy estricta etc. Cuando pagué me dio dos muestras: el expoliante "Microdermoabrasión retexturizante epidérmica" y el gel-crema "Ultra Facial Oil Free" (hablo de ellos al final de la entrada).


Kiehl's rare earth deep pore cleansing masque

Kiehl's Rare Earth deep pore cleansing masque

As it is stated in the package, it has amazonian white clay. White Clay (also called kaolin clay) is the second ingredient in this masque, and is used in skincare to exfoliate and cleanse sensitive skins without absorbing too much oil. This mask is recommended for normal to oily skins, because it eliminates debris and dead surface skin-cell accumulation (as printed in the package). Eliminating toxins from skin, it claims to leave the appearance of pores minimized and skin-refined. Having dead particles on the skin clogs pores, and kind of takes away the "light" on the skin, leaving it dull-looking. So, does this mask work?

For me, this is THE product. Well, I might be exaggerating a bit, but I love to use it. My skin feels new after using it, and even if I don't have big pores, it looks like the disappeared. It doesn't feel as heavy as a green clay mask. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the smell- it kinda smells like plastics, but that may be just me. It itches a little when applying it, but it's normal.


Tal y como pone en el bote, y en la lista de ingredientes, tiene arcilla blanca del amazonas. La arcilla blanca (que también se le llama, al menos en inglés, arcilla kaolin), que es el segundo ingrediente en ésta mascarilla, se utiliza para exfoliar y limpiar las pieles sensibles ya que no absorbe mucha grasa. Es la que recomiendan para pieles normales a grasas, porque elimina los restos de piel y células muertas, evitando la acumulación en los poros, que es lo que hace que los poros se "ensucien" y aparezcan los puntos negros. Además, el tener partículas "muertas" en la piel no deja que la piel "brille", y por consiguiente se queda con apariencia... opaca? triste? Pero bueno, el caso... funciona de verdad ésta mascarillas?

Para mí, puede considerarse EL PRODUCTO. Bueno, igual estoy exagerando un poco pero ha sido uno de mis grandes descubrimientos, me encanta utilizarla. Siento la piel perfecta después de utilizarla, y aunque no tengo grandes poros, todo parece desaparecer. No es tan "pesada" en la piel como puede serlo la arcilla verde. Lo único que no me gusta demasiado es el olor, que me huele como a plástico, pero puede ser cosa mía.  Me pica un poco al aplicarla, pero tengo la piel sensible así que es normal.

Kiehl's rare earth deep pore cleansing masque


This mask has to be applied on damp skin, and a thin layer is enough. In the bottle it says that you have to allow it to dry before removing it, and that it takes aprox. ten minutes, but it takes a lot longer to me. I remove it with lukewarm water and my hands, not with a towel or whatever. I use it once a week, after I exfoliating the skin.

I recommend this to everyone. For some it might feel a little pricey (25'50€) but it's totally worth it. It comes 142g (aprox 125ml or 5oz) of product and since you only need a thin layer for it to work, it last for months.


Se tiene que plica en la piel húmeda (que no mojada) y en una capa fina. En el bote pone que en 10-15 minutos se seca y es entonces cuando hay que retirarla, pero yo la tengo que tener sobre 30 minutos para que se me seque. También pone que se retire con una toalla húmeda, pero yo me la quito directamente con las manos (masajeando... ya sabéis). La uso una vez a la semana, después de exfoliar la piel.
La recomiendo a todo el mundo. Puede resultar un poco cara (25'50€) pero creo que es totalmente una inversión. Viene 142g de producto, y como sólo hay que aplicar una capa finita, dura meses.


Kiehl's samples

Now, for the samples I got... How great is that the samples the give are actually suitable to your skin concerns? I value that a lot to be honest. I hate it when, for example, I go to Sephora and they give me samples of makeup bases for mature skin or things that I can't use because they contain oils.

Sobre las muestras- ¿no es genial que me dieran muestras que de verdad puedo utilizar y son apropiadas para mi piel? Tengo esto muy muy en cuenta. Odio cuando voy por ejemplo a Sephora y me dan muestras de maquillaje o cremas para pieles maduras, o cosas que contienen aceite... ¿No se supone que las muestras las dan para que probemos algo que nos pueda servir y piquemos para comprarlo? En fin...

Kiehl's Eidermal re-texturizing micro-dermabrasion

When the lady talked to me about this product and said the "dermabrasion" word I just looked at her like "your crazy??? Haven't you heard about the part that I have very sensitive skin?". She totally caught that, and explained that these kind of scrubs are just like the other, but with thinner particles that penetrate better on the skin. Also, I have to say that since my dermatologist told me to use the Ionax Scrub (I talk about it here )I haven't even thought about using another scrub. I'm so glad I tried this one though!
It feels amazing on the skin and I can feel how the micro-particles slowly disappear. Also, what I truly like about is that it doesn't leave my skin read, as the other one sometimes does. I'm actually really thinking of buying this one when I end up using my regular scrub.

Cuando la dependienta me habló de éste producto y dijo "dermoabrasión" me quedé mirándola en plan "¡¿estás loca?! ¿no acabas de oír lo de que tengo la piel sensible?". Lo pilló al vuelo y me explicó que éste tipo de exfoliante son como los "comunes", sólo que las partículas son más pequeñas para penetrar mejor en la piel. La verdad que no he utilizado ningún otro exfoliante aparte del que me recomendó la dermatóloga (el Ionax Scrub, hablo de él aquí ), pero me alegro de haber probado éste.
Me encanta la sensación que deja en la piel y se nota como las mini-partículas se van disolviendo. Además, no me deja la piel tan roja como el otro a veces. La verdad que llevo tiendo pensando en comprarme éste exfoliante...


Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream

If the previous one was a total win, this was a total fiasco. It might be oil free, but it has alcohol denant that isn't the best thing for sensitive skin. When I applied it, I felt the skin reaaally itchy and I didn't feel like it really hydrated the skin. Pass.

Si la anterior muestra me pareció increíble, ésta todo lo contrario. Puede que sea oil-free pero tiene alcohol denant, que no es lo más indicado para pieles sensibles. Cuando me la daba me picaba muucho la cara, y tampoco notaba que me la hidratara. Pues eso, que no.


Kiehl's samples

You Might Also Like

2 comentarios

  1. I've been meaning to look up reviews of this mask for the longest while now, since some Youtuber?? (Essie Button, I think??) said she loved this mask, and since I need all the help I can get with my pores, I was intrigued. But not intrigued enough to blindly buy it, ahahaha, especially at that price. Anyways, I definitely need to grab a sample of it now if you recommend it to everyone!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You definitely need to try this then! Just use it after exfoliating (if your face get irritated after exfoliating wait some time or use a calming toner and use the mask after it's fully absorbed). It does seem kind of pricey but in the long run it really isn't, specially since it's only used once (maximum twice) a week. But yeah, deff grab a sample and make sure it works for you before "splurging" in this hahaha

      Eliminar

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.