Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review || Lush Honey I Washed the Kids jabón opinión

10:39:00

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
When I first got the Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap I was expecting great things from it, specially because the name, just in case you didn't catch that, is a play on words with the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" movie title.
This was the second product I tried from Lush, the first one being their The Olive Branch Shower gel, which I reviewed here. As I said there, their products are all vegetarian and most of them vegan, although the Honey I Washed the Kids soap is vegetarian but not vegan.

The Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap is, in words of the brand, "a caramel-scented soap that lifts your mood and soothes and softens skin". It can be used as a hand soap or in the shower as body soap. I have only been using it as the first.


Cuando tuve en mis manos el jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush (literalmente "Cariño he bañado a los niños") esperaba grandes cosas de él, especialmente por el nombre ya que, por si acaso no lo habéis pillado, es un juego de palabras con el título de la película "Cariño, he encogido a los niños".
Éste es el segundo producto que probaba de Lush, siendo el primero el The Olive Branch Shower gel de ducha, del que ya hice una entrada aquí. Tal y como explico en ésa entrada, todos sus productos son vegetarianos y la mayoría veganos, aunque el jabón Honey I Washed the Kids es vegetariano pero no vegano.

El jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush es, en palabras de la marca "un jabón con aroma a caramelo que te sube el ánimo, suaviza y repara la piel". Se puede utilizar como jabón de manos o en la ducha como jabón de cuerpo; yo sólo lo uso como lo primero.
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap's packaging is minimal, as it happens with all products from the brand. Since this type of soap are produced in a big mold and then cut into different sizes, it only comes with a plastic wrap. The soap is uneven because of that reason also, so if you've ever used this or you're planning on buying it, it will probably look quite different to mine.

Since the packaging was just a plastic wrap, the full ingredient list of the Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap is listed on its website, you can read it here. As it is the norm with their products, all the ingredients are natural and the ones that are synthetics are completely safe. To name a few of the most remarkable ones:
  • Sweet Wild Orange juice, a refreshing and toning ingredient.
  • English honey, which provides nourishment and is antiseptic.
  • Bergamot Oil, uplifting and cleansing.
  • Beeswax, that is also cleansing and moisturizing.


El envoltorio del jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush es mínimo, como el de todos los productos de la marca. Como éstos jabones se fabrican en moldes grandes y luego se venden al corte (a peso), sólo viene envuelto por un plástico. El jabón es muy desigual por esa misma razón, así que si habéis utilizado antes éste jabón, o estáis pensando en comprarlo, es posible que el vuestro sea algo diferente al mío.

Como el envoltorio es simplemente un plástico transparente, la lista de ingredientes completa del jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush se puede leer en su sitio oficial aquí. Como es habitual en los productos de Lush, todos sus ingredientes son naturales y los que son sintéticos, son totalmente seguros. Por nombrar algunos de los ingredientes más destacables:
  • Aceite de naranjas dulce silvestres, un ingrediente refrescante y revitalizante.
  • Miel inglesa, que proporciona nutrición y es antiséptica.
  • Aceite de bergamota, revitalizante y limpiador.
  • Cera de abeja, que también es limpiadora e hidratante.
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
The Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap is, without doubt, one of the most gentle soaps I have ever tried. It doesn't strip my hands from moisture like a lot of soaps do, and leaves them soft and hydrated (although I always apply hand cream after I washed my hands anyway). It's soft to even the touch, and if you have it nearby when you're doing your skincare routine or makeup, the scent lightly goes up to you. The scent also slightly transfers to the skin after using it, but it's very pleasant.
Talking about smell, with all the bee related ingredients, bergamot oil and oranges, it smells exactly like one would imagine: sweet. But not in an overwhelming unpleasant way. Have you ever made liquid sugar? It smells like when you are making liquid sugar mixed with honey and oranges. It's absolutely a very soft, pleasant and relaxing smell.

The shape of the Lush Honey I Washed the Kids might be a little bit uncomfortable to use at first because it's so different from what we are normally used to in soap. If you can't get used to it, you can always cut it and use it in little pieces.


El jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush es, sin duda alguna, uno de los jabones más suaves que he probado. No deja mi piel sin hidratación natural ni las deja secas como otros muchos jabones hacen, dejándolas en cambio suaves e hidratadas (aunque siempre me aplico crema de manos después de lavármelas). Es suave incluso al tacto, y si lo tienes cerca mientras estás haciéndote la rutina facial o maquillándote, el olor llegara suave. El olor se transfiere a la piel después de su uso, pero de una forma muy agradable.
Hablando del olor, con todos los ingredientes relacionados con las abejas, aceite de bergamota y naranjas, huele exactamente como cabría imaginarse: dulce. Pero no de una forma abrumadora o desagradable. ¿Habéis intentado alguna vez hacer caramelo líquido? Huele exactamente igual pero mezclado con miel y naranja. Es un olor agradable, suave y relajante.

La forma del jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush puede ser un poco incómoda al principio por ser tan diferente a lo que normalmente estamos acostumbrados en las jabonetas. Si no se consigue adaptarse, siempre se puede cortar en trozos y utilizarlo poco a poco.
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap review
Given the pureness of the soap, I also use the Lush Honey I Washed the Kids soap to wash my makeup brushes and Beauty Blender sponge. I never use a brand product for that, but good natural soaps or even shower gels. Ever since I started using this soap to wash them I haven't used anything else, it removes makeup very efficiently. I think I'm now even going to be buying Lush soaps tu wash my makeup tools (and to wash my hands, obviously).



Dada la pureza del jabón, también utilizo el jabón Honey I Washed the Kids de Lush para lavar mis brochas de maquillaje y la esponja Beauty Blender. Nunca utilizo un producto de marca específico para hacerlo, sino un buen jabón o incluso gel natural. Desde que empecé a lavarlas con éste jabón ya no he vuelto a utilizar nada más, elimina el maquillaje muy eficientemente. Creo que ahora empezaré a comprar jabones de Lush para limpiar mis brochas de maquillaje (y para lavarme las manos, obviamente).


You can buy different sizes of the Honey I Washed the Kids in the Lush official store here.
Se pueden comprar diferentes tamaños del Honey I Washed the Kids en la tienda oficial de Lush aquí.


Follow me on instagram || Sígueme en instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comentarios

  1. This soap sounds lovely, I really like how lush uses natural ingredients in their products! I always found it hard to shower with soap, but using it for your hands and makeup tools is a great idea!

    Jenny // Geeky Posh

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Absolutely! I like how washing makeup tools with these soaps means that less chemicals will go into our faces- a big plus! jaja

      Eliminar

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.