My experience with retinol: Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex review || Mi experiencia con retinol: Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex opinión

10:06:00

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex review
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex review
After years of using AHAs (in a concentration up to 15%) I noticed that my skin became used to it. And after months of searching for good products with retinol I finally found it through this review. 

Naruko is a very respected Taiwanese skincare brand. Since skincare products take an average of 3 months to completely change the skin, I wrote this post in that period of time. Keep scrolling to read or read the parts you're interested in:

5.- Final thoughts, comparison photos.


Después de años usando AHAs (en concentraciones de hasta el 15%) me di cuenta de que mi piel se había acostumbrado a ellos. Después de estar buscando literalmente meses productos con retinol, por fin lo encontré con ésta entrada.

Naruko es una marca de cosmética muy respetada en Taiwan. Ya que el cambio en la piel generado por productos suele llevar unos 3 meses, escribí ésta entrada en ése periodo de tiempo. Sigue bajando para leer todo o haz click en la parte que te interese más:

1.- El producto: breve historia, ingredientes.
2.- Primer mes.
3.- Segundo mes.
4.- Tercer mes.
5.- Opiniones finales, fotos de comparativas.

1.- The product: brief history, ingredients / El producto: breve historia, ingredientes

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol review
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol review
Naruko, as I've previously mentioned, is a Taiwanese brand that is very respected because of their way of doing products. The brand's name is an acronym of Niuer Affordable Refine Unique Kidness Original.
Naruko's founder, researcher and developer is Niuer, a very famous dermatologist from Taiwan. He researches for different ingredients and way of developing products all over the world, and even if they have strict testing policies, he still tries every product himself to ensure its safety. And yes, he's the one in the packaging of the products.


Naruko, como ya he mencionado, es una marca Taiwanese muy respetada por su forma de hacer cosmética. El nombre de la marca es un acrónimo de Niuer Affordable Refine Unique Kidness Original (literalmente: Niuer Asequible Mejorar Único Amabilidad Original).
El fundador, investigador y desarrollador de Naruko es Niuer, un famoso dermatólogo de Taiwan. Investiga sobre diferentes ingredientes y formas de desarrollar productos por todo el mundo e, incluso teniendo reglas estrictas sobre el testado de los productos, él mismo prueba todos los productos para asegurarse de su fiabilidad. Y sí, es él que sale en las cajas de los productos.

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex directions
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex directions
The Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex is an anti aging product that contains 0,40% of retinol, a form of Vitamin A. The products promises to tighten pores, moisturize, improve rough skin, repair and provides anti-wrinkle protection, getting rid of excessive oil and keeping the skin moisturized at the same time. 
To prevent the oxidization of the retinol it contains an active ingredient to help the product penetrate under the skin instantly and reduce the possible irritation that can occur on the surface of the skin.



El Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex es un producto anti edad que contiene 0,40% de retinol, una forma de Vitamina A. El producto promete mejorar los poros, la textura de la piel, repara y proporciona protección anti arrugas, eliminar el exceso de sebo y manteniendo la piel hidratada al mismo tiempo.
Para prevenir la oxidación del retinol contiene un activo que ayuda a que el producto penetre bajo la piel al instante y así reducir la posibilidad de que ocurra una irritación en la parte superficial de la piel.

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex ingredients
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex ingredients
The ingredient list for the Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex is long but effective. I listed here only the most relevant ingredients, but you can read the whole list in the photo or here in cosDNA:
  • Vitamin A/Retinol: also helps to produce collagen, therefore helping the skin to remain hydrated and oil balanced.
  • Glycerin: a substance naturally found in the skin, it helps to restore the lost humidity.
  • Niacinamide: Vitamin B3, also a replenishing/restoring ingredient, it can also help to reduce the environmental attacks the skin suffers.
  • Seed and essential oils: oils are great hydrators for the skin, this contains a lot of them.
  • Cholesterol: as bad as it might sound for the negative implications it has, this ingredient is actually one of the best emollients and skin-replenishing ingredients.

La lista de ingredientes del Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex es larga pero efectiva. Comento a continuación los más relevantes, pero se puede leer la lista completa en la foto o aquí en cosDNA:
  • Vitamina A/Retinol: también ayuda a producir colágeno, por lo que la piel se mantiene hidratada y equilibrada.
  • Glicerina: una sustancia que se encuentra naturalmente en la piel, ayuda a recuperar la humectación perdida.
  • Niacinamida: Vitamina B3, es también un ingrediente reparador, pero también puede ayudar a reducir los ataques del ambiente que recibe la piel.
  • Aceites de semillas y esenciales: los aceites son humectantes fantásticos para la piel, éste contiene muchos de ellos.
  • Colesterol: a pesar de lo mal que puede sonar por todas las implicaciones negativas, éste ingredientes es una de los mejores emolientes y "rellenador" de piel.

2.- First month / Primer mes

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging
The Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex as I said, has a 0,40% concentration of retinol, which made me worried on how my skin would react until it fully adapted to it.

For the first whole month I applied only one pump of product and I would spread it evenly all over the face with little dots and then massage it onto the skin. I was expecting major backlash from my skin, but nothing happened. I think the reason for my well-behaved skin is because it's been trained for years using AHAs, last year using almost daily a 15% AHA concentration + glycolic acid.


El Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex es, como ya he dicho, un serum con una concentración de 0,40% de retinol, lo que me hizo preocuparme cómo reaccionaría mi piel hasta que se adaptara del todo al mismo.

Durante el primer mes completo aplicaba la cantidad de presionar el dispensador una vez y lo extendía por la cara primero en pequeñas motas y después masajeándolo en la piel. Esperaba que mi piel reaccionara terriblemente, pero no pasó nada. Creo que la razón para que se comportara tan bien fue que está bien entrenada al llevar años usando AHAs, y que el año pasado estuviera usando prácticamente a diario una cocnentración de 15% AHA + ácido glicólico.

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex dispenser
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex dispenser
On the second week of using the retinol I noticed that the purging was starting, which lasted until the 4th week. I know it was purging and not my skin breaking out because of different reasons:
  • I got small blackheads on my forehead, which I never do.
  • I got some pimples on my cheeks, sides of the forehead and sides of my chin, in a way I never do. First of all I only get pimples when I'm on my period and I wasn't when these starting to appear, and the pimples weren't like the ones I usually get; they were very red and hurt, but after a few days decreased in size.
To be totally honest I didn't notice any major change in my skin except the purging, and having read great things about the Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex I was a little bit disappointed.


La segunda semana de usar retinol fue cuando noté que empezó la "purga", que duró hasta la 4ª semana. Sabía que era purga y no algo serio por diferentes razones:

  • Tenía pequeños puntos negros en la frente, cosa que nunca me pasa.
  • Tenía algunos granos en las mejillas, lados de la frente y barbilla, de una forma que nunca aparecen. Primero, porque sólo me salen espinillas cuando estoy con la regla y no lo estaba cuando estos empezaron a aparecer, y porque no eran como los que usualmente me salen; eran muy rojos y dolían, pero pasados unos días iban reduciendo en tamaño.
Para ser totalmente sincera no noté ningún cambio importante en mi piel salvo la purga, y habiendo leído cosas geniales sobre el Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex estaba un poco decepcionada.


Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging full
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging full
As much as concentration is important in a retinol (Vitamin A) product, the package is just as important. I'm not talking about anything fancy, but something that will preserve the highly oxidable product. This package reunites all the requisites: a dispenser to avoid the contamination of product and an opaque tube to avoid sunlight to prevent the product's oxidation.


Aunque la concentración es importante en un producto de retinol (Vitamina A), la forma en la que viene embalado el producto es igual o más importante. No tiene que ser nada maravilloso, si no algo que preserve un producto tan fácil oxidable como es éste. Éste reúne todos los requisitos: un dispensador para evitar la contaminación del producto y un tubo opaco para prevenir la oxidación del mismo.

3.- Second month / Segundo mes

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex packaging
Out of the 3 months I'm writing here about, the second month was definitely when I noticed the most changes in my skin with the Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex.
The mini-breakouts (purging) cleared for the start of the second month of using retinol daily. Since I didn't notice much of a change in my skin apart from the purging, I decided to increase the quantity of it from the one pump I was using in the first month to a pump and a half. 

After a week, and honestly almost immediately, of using the increased quantity I could feel the change in my skin: the texture, although I have never have much of a problem with it, was much more smoother and the tone was brighter. Redness in my cheeks was also visible reduced.


De los 3 meses de los que estoy escribiendo aquí el segundo mes fue sin duda cuando más cambios noté en mi piel mientras usaba el Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex.
La purga se había terminado completamente a principios del segundo mes de usar a diario retinol. Como no noté mucho cambio aparte de la purga, decidí aumentar la cantidad que usaba de "un dispensador" a uno y medio.

Después de una semana usando la cantidad aumentada pude, casi desde el principio la verdad, pude notar cambios en la piel: la textura, que aunque no había tenido nunca mayor problema con ella, estaba mucho más suave y el tono más brillante. las rojeces en mis mejillas estaban muy reducidas.

4.- Third month / Tercer mes

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol review
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol review
The Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex lasted me for a little bit over 3 months, and I bought a replacement way before I was done with it just in case.

By the time I entered the third month I only suffered from hormonal acne in my chin and never one in my cheeks or forehead. Since I was using a rather big quantity of it I didn't use it on the days I applied clay masks (Tuesday and Sunday) to not give any chances to the skin of breaking out.


El tubo de Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex me duró algo más de 3 meses y compré el segundo antes de que pasara, por prevenir.

Para cuando empecé el tercer mes sólo sufría de acné hormonal en mi barbillas y nunca en mis mejillas o frente. Como usaba una cantidad bastante grande no quería tentar a la suerte, por lo que no usaba retinol los días en los que me aplicaba mascarillas de arcillas (martes y domingos).

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex swatch
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex swatch
The Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex is a yellow lightweighted cream type serum. It smell of chemicals I would say, but nothing too overwhelming. It spreads very easily and absorbs very fast by the skin, without leaving any stickiness or residue. I always apply it after washing my face and waiting at least 10 minutes, and then I wait for the retinol to be completely absorbed for about 20-30 minutes.


El Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex es un serum tipo crema, muy ligero y de color amarillo. Huele bastante a químicos, pero nada que sea demasiado. Se extiende muy fácil y se absorbe muy rápido, sin dejar tras de sí residuo o la piel pegajosa. Siempre lo aplico después de lavarme la cara y esperar 10 minutos, y espero a que el retinol sea absorbido por la piel completamente, así que no aplico nada más antes de 20-30 minutos.

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex swatch after
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex swatch after
Around the 3rd week of this third month I started applying during mornings the Naruko Tea Tree Shine Control & Blemish Clear Serum, which has a 1% concentration of Salicylic Acid (BHA). I noticed after introducing it that the skin starting having minor "blackheads breakouts".

And also on my 4th week of this month I moved to South Korea, so I had to face 2 flights, 8 hours of time zone difference and a completely different climate and environment. It wasn't the best way to end this review and try-out, but sometimes life gets in the way of creams.


Sobre la 3ª semana de éste tercer mes empecé a darme por las mañanas el Naruko Tea Tree Shine Control & Blemish Clear Serum, que tiene una concentración de 1% de Ácido Salicílico (BHA). Noté que después de introducir éste tuve unos pocos puntos negros ocasionados por ello.

También en mi  4ª semana de éste mes me mudé a Corea del Sur, así que tuve que sufrir 2 vuelos, una diferencia horaria de 8 horas y un clima y ambiente totalmente diferente. Sé que no es la forma ideal de haber probado éste producto, pero a veces la vida se interpone en las cremas.

5.- Final thoughts, comparison photos / Opiniones finales, fotos comparativas

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol before and after
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol before and after
I'm on my second tube of Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex and I plan to use it at least until summer, after then I'm planning on using one with a higher concentration if I see my skin has "hit a plateau". 
But for what it concerns to this review, I love this stuff. I have very sensitive skin and has never been to harsh on it, it works without almost realizing it. I kept looking at the photos I took before I started using it because I couldn't see any daily changes, but saw them when looking at past photos. Excuse my tired as hell faces, but I took these in the morning before even doing the morning skincare routine so you could really see how the product affected my skin.


Estoy en mi segundo tubo de Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex y planeo seguir usándolo por lo menos hasta verano, después del cual quiero usar alguno con mayor concentración si noto que mi piel está en "plateau".
Pero por lo que concierne a ésta entrada, adoro éste sérum. Tengo la piel muy sensible y nunca ha sido agresivo con ella, funciona casi sin darme cuenta. Cada semana miraba las fotos que me tomé antes de empezar a usarlo porque no notaba ningún cambio diario, pero obviamente los veía al ver las fotos. Perdonadme mis caras de cansancio, pero éstas las saqué incluso antes de hacer la rutina diurna, para que se notaran los cambios del producto "sin ningún añadido".
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol before and after
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex retinol before and after
If you're concerned with fine lines or, as I was, with overall aging (or even if it's only to try retinol) I totally recommend you to try the Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex. I bought it from their official online American store here for $16,99. The original price is $40,00 so if you don't see it at the sale price I bought it (which is still the same while I'm writing this) wait for a sale to start because the have it very often.


Si te preocupan las líneas finas o, como a mí, el envejecimiento en sí (o incluso si sólo es por probar retinol), recomendaría totalmente que probaras el Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex. Lo compré de la tienda oficial online americana aquí por 16,99$. El precio original es de 40,00$ así que si no está con el precio rebajado al que lo compré yo (que sigue mientras escribo esto) espera a que empiece otra oferta porque suelen tener a diario.

Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex review
Naruko am+pm A40 Pore Minimizing Complex review
Have you tried any retinol products? Which ones would you recommend?


¿Habéis probado algún producto de retinol? ¿Cuáles recomendáis?

You Might Also Like

1 comentarios

  1. Hoola, yo también probé ese producto con retinol porque leí sobre el en esta web de retinol y me ha funcionado muy bien para mi acné, me alegro que a tí también. bss

    ResponderEliminar

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.