Nails of the month: Essence Miss Universe swatches and review

11:30:00

 Essence Miss Universe swatches and review
 Essence Miss Universe swatches and review
My story with Essence's Miss Universe is longer than what it should have been: I bought it because I loved it on the bottle, but I first used it two years after that. Every time I took it to paint my nails I used to look at it for a long time before having a change of mind and not using it. But the first time I actually decided to paint my nails with it... completely in love! I'm not a huge fan of blues, but this is a very pretty twist on a dark blue: the base is blue, although it looks duochrome with purple on the bottle but doesn't translate to the nails, with emerald green and blue reflective particles.


Mi historia con Miss Universe de Essence es más larga de lo que debería haber sido: lo compré porque me encantó en la botella, pero lo usé por primera vez dos años después. Cada vez que lo cogía para pintarme las uñas con él, lo miraba durante mucho tiempo antes de cambiar de opinión y no usarlo. Pero la primera vez que me decidí por fin a usarlo... ¡enamorada! No soy muy fan de los azules, pero éste es un giro muy bonito en el azul oscuro: la base es azul, parece duocromo con morado en la botella pero no lo consigue en las uñas, con partículas reflexivas verde esmeralda y azul.

Essence Miss Universe swatches and review
Essence Miss Universe swatches and review

Straight to the point:

  • Base: Essie Grow Stronger
  • Color: Essence Miss Universe. Two light coats over a very light Formula X Dark Matter coat, as I explain later.
  • Top Coat: Sephora Shine Top Coat.



Al grano:

  • Base: Essie Grow Stronger.
  • Color: Essence Miss Universe. Dos capas muy finas sobre una capa muy muy ligera de Dark Matter de Formula X, como explico más adelante.
  • Top Coat: Sephora Top Coat Brillante.

Essence Miss Universe is very opaque by its own, but the reflective tiny particles are a pain in the ass to remove, specially because I don't use acetone nail polish removers, so I used Formula X Dark Matter as a first, very light coat. I used Dark Matter because it's a blue based black, so it doesn't mess the Miss Universe color. The only bad thing I find with this color is that it takes forever to be completely dry, and I'm not talking about minutes, but rather hours. It also doesn't stay without chipping more than three days, but it's more than enough for me, I never wear special colors like this for a long time anyway. That's why I really like Essence nail polishes: very very affordable great colors. If you haven't tried any of the Essence polishes, give them a try!


Miss Universe es muy opaco por su cuenta, pero tiene partículas reflexivas que son un incordio de quitar, y más cuando como yo no se utilizan quitaesmaltes con acetona, así que usé una primera capa muy muy ligera de Dark Matter de Formula X. Usé Dark Matter porque es un negro de base azul, así que no altera el color de Miss Universe. Lo único malo que encuentro con éste color es que tarde muchísimo en secarse por completo, y no me refiero a minutos, sino más bien horas. También que apenas dura unos tres días en las uñas sin picarse, pero es más que suficiente para mí, nunca llevo colores así durante muchos días seguidos. Eso es por lo me gustan mucho los esmaltes de Essence. colores diferentes a precios muy muy asequibles. Si no has probado ningún esmalte de Essence, ¡dales una oportunidad sin duda!
Essence Miss Universe swatches and review
Essence Miss Universe swatches and review

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.