My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas

13:21:00

My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
When I was young I used to hate pink because I thought liking something traditionally related to girls would make me "one of those girls" and I, as many other young girls taken by the patriarchy, didn't want to be related to those girls.

Growing older I realized there's nothing wrong with "those girls", whatever men mean when they categorize us between "one of those" and "not like other girls" (urgh). I also realized there isn't anything wrong with me if I like pink, and the day I came to terms with that was the same day my love for pink blushes started because, being honest, I'm pale, cool toned, and blush naturally with literally everything- pink blushes just are the best ones for me.


Cuando era pequeña solía odiar el rosa porque pensaba que el que me gustara algo tradicionalmente relacionado con chicas me haría "una de ésas chicas" y yo, igual que muchas otras niñas engañadas por el patriarcado, no quería relacionarme con las otras chicas.

Al madurar me he dado cuenta que no hay nada de malo con "las otras chicas", lo que sea a lo que los hombres se refieren cuando clasifican a las mujeres como "las otras" y "no como las otras" (ugh). También me di cuenta que no hay nada malo en que me guste el rosa, y el día en que lo acepté fue el mismo día en el que empezó mi affair con los coloretes rosas porque, siendo sincera, soy pálida, de subtono frío, y me sonrojo con literalmente cualquier cosa- los coloretes rosas son los mejores para mí.
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
I don't think blushes should be very pigmented, a lot of pigmentation doesn't always mean good. I prefer my blushes to be of buildable color, as I prefer powders to liquids or creams. My collection of pink blushes is almost basically my blush collection, which might seem small to some, but it covers every finish I want, at least for now.


No creo que los coloretes deban ser muy pigmentados, el que algo tenga mucha pigmentación no siempre significa que sea bueno. Prefiero que mis coloretes tengan un color que se pueda aumentar, igual que los prefiero en polvo a líquidos o en crema. Mi colección de coloretes rosas es prácticamente mi colección de coloretes, que puede parecer pequeña para algunas personas, pero tengo todos los acabados que quiero, al menos de momento.
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
All of this swatches are done on the left with the finger, and on the right with a brush as I would apply it on the cheeks. I personally think finger swatches on blushes means nothing but I also felt kind of obliged to include them... From first bought to the newest in my possession:


Todos estos swatches han sido hecho en la parte izquierda con el dedo, y en la derecha con una brocha como lo aplicaría en las mejillas. Personalmente me parece que los swatches de dedo de los coloretes no demuestran nada pero también me siento un poco obligada a hacerlos... Los he ordenado del primero que compré al último en tener en mi posesión:

Sephora Eyes & Cheeks Shadow

Sephora Eyes & Cheeks Shadow review
Sephora Eyes & Cheeks Shadow review
I think I bought this when I was 16 or 17, and I'm 25 now so... I honestly can't believe it's been almost ten years. Anyway, this is obviously not available anymore, or anything remotely similar, but it's the one I use the most on winters. I mainly use the pink color, a very very cold pink, blue based, almost my natural blushing color. I love how it looks on my very pale skin, and it's buildable so I can make it more or less obvious.

Creo que compré éste cuando tenía 16 o 17 años... que no me puedo creer que vaya a ser hace 10 años. En fin, éste obviamente no está a la venta, o ninguno remotamente similar, pero es el que más uso en invierno. Por lo general uso sólo el rosa, un rosa muy muy frío, con base azul, casi mi color natural cuando me "ruborizo". Me encanta cómo queda con mi piel pálida, se puede aumentar mucho la intensidad o dejarlo más sutil.
Sephora Eyes & Cheeks Shadow swatches
Sephora Eyes & Cheeks Shadow swatches
Usually at night I mix the three main colors (pink, purple, light brown, but not the shimmery purple on the spider) and I love the very unique color I achieve, which you can se on the right side of the swatches.

Si lo uso por las noches suelo mezclar los tres colores (rosa, morado, marrón claro, pero no el morado con brillo en la araña) y me encanta el color tan original que queda, que podéis ver en la zona derecha de los swatches.

NYX Cosmetics Pinky Blush

NYX Cosmetics Pinky Blush review
NYX Cosmetics Pinky Blush review
This is so old that it was way before L'Oreal bought NYX, and therefore before the reformulation the blushes went through. This looks like a neon pink with a finger swatch, but on the cheeks it looks like a bright pink, yes, but still pretty. I usually use it when I'm not wearing a pink or red lipstick, it looks particularly good with nude-ish lips.

Éste colorete es tan viejo que es de antes de que L'Oreal comprara NYX, y por lo tanto antes de que los reformularan. En el swatch de dedo parece rosa neón, pero en las mejillas a pesar de que es un rosa fuerte, es uno muy bonito. Normalmente uso éste cuando no llevo labiales rosas, queda genial con los labios más nude.
NYX Cosmetics Pinky Blush swatches
NYX Cosmetics Pinky Blush swatches
The quality of this isn't the best, it is rather chalky and you can see how broken it is. However, I've read that the new NYX blush colors aren't the same as these ones, so I'm not planning on buying the new version of this any time soon. It isn't the easiest to blend, so I have to be very light handed with it.

La calidad de éste no es la mejor, es bastante tizoso y bueno podéis ver lo roto que estás. Pero he leído que con la nueva fórmula de los coloretes de NYX los colores no son los mismos, así que no tengo ni pensado comprar la nueva versión de éste en ningún momento. No es el más fácil de difuminar, así que siempre uso una mano muy ligera con ello.

The Balm Frat Boy

The Balm Frat Boy review
The Balm Frat Boy review
We don't have fraternities here but from movies, TV series and books set in the USA, you should probably stay away from Frat Boys. Just not from this one! Although Frat Boy was kind of an impulse buy, I thought about buying it for quite a long time before buying it online without seeing it on person. I just had the hunch that this would be a perfect cold pink. And I was right!

No tenemos fraternidades aquí pero por las películas, series y libros de EEUU, ya sabréis que deberíais manteneros alejadas de los "frat boys" (chicos de fraternidad). ¡Pero no de éste! Aunque Frat Boy fue una compra un poco impulsiva, pensé un tiempo en si comprarlo o no online sin haberlo visto en persona. Pero tenía la corazonada de que iba a ser el rosa frío perfecto ¡Y lo es!
The Balm Frat Boy swatches
The Balm Frat Boy swatches
This is the most pigmented out of all, a cold pink almost peachy. I have to go very lightly with the brush if I don't want to end with two pink big dots in my cheeks. Frat Boy is my favorite out of all the ones I have and I totally think the price is worth it.

Éste es el más pigmentado de todos, un rosa frío casi melocotón. Tengo que ir con cuidado con éste si no quiero terminar con dos motas de rosa en la mejillas. Frat Boy es mi favorito de todos los que tengo y pienso que se merece totalmente su precio.

Kiko Cocoa Shock Duo Blush in Sweet Coral and Apricot

Kiko Cocoa Shock Duo Blush in Sweet Coral and Apricot review
Kiko Cocoa Shock Duo Blush in Sweet Coral and Apricot review
I mostly use this duo on spring and summer, mostly because the (what I think it is) Apricot shade look just a couple of shades darker than my skin, and it gives me a natural flush. Neither of these are are chalky, in fact they are buttery and not overly pigmented.

Por lo general uso éste dúo en primavera y verano, más que nada porque el color (creo que es) Apricot es unos tonos más oscuros que mi piel, y me da un aspecto muy natural. Ninguno de los dos son tizosos, en realidad son bastante cremosos y no demasiado pigmentados.
Kiko Cocoa Shock Duo Blush in Sweet Coral and Apricot swatches
Kiko Cocoa Shock Duo Blush in Sweet Coral and Apricot swatches
Sweet Coral (the pink shade) is the one I have to be careful with, because it isn't the easiest to blend, and I use this shade a lot in winter too. This duo is the one I always carry with me when I travel because I can go the natural way or more in your face.

Sweet Coral (el tono rosa) es con el que tengo que tener cuidado, porque no es muy fácil trabajarlo, y es también el que uso mucho en invierno. El dúo es lo que suelo llevarme de viaje porque puedo ir más natural o más fuerte.

Shiseido Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek PK312

Shiseido Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek PK312 review
Shiseido Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek PK312 review
The only liquid blush I own, and I won it in an instagram giveaway by American shop beuatibi. I wasn't sure about it at first, when I received it, but I love it. The formula is very liquid and easy to blend, even when I apply it with my Beauty Blender over my foundation, it doesn't lift or move the foundation, it kind of melts into it.

El único colorete líquido que tengo, y lo gané en un sorteo en instagram de la tienda americana beautibi. No me daba mucho al principio, cuando lo recibí, pero me encanta. La fórmula es muy líquida y fácil de trabajar, incluso cuando lo aplico con la Beauty Blender sobre base de maquillaje, no la levanta o altera, es como que se funde en ella.
Shiseido Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek PK312 swatches
Shiseido Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek PK312 swatches
It looks very pink (yes, yet another cold, blue-based pink, shocking), and it can be a lot on the cheeks, so I usually apply a few dotes on the makeup sponge rather than on the face and blend it little by little, and I don't move onto the other cheek until I'm done with the first one. I noticed that it dries kind of fast, so applying dots in the cheek left marks there even after blended.

Parece muy rosa (sí, otro rosa frío, con base azul, sorpresa), y puede ser mucho en las mejillas, así que lo aplico dando el color en la esponja en vez de en la piel y trabajándolo poco a poco, y no empiezo en la otra mejilla hasta que he terminado con la primera. Me he dado cuenta que se seca bastante rápido, así que si aplico primero el colorete en las mejillas las marcas se quedan incluso después de haberlo trabajado.

Nars Orgasm

Nars Orgasm review
Nars Orgasm review
What is there to say of the probably most famous blush in the world? I love Orgasm, and it's the only shiny blush I own. I use it when I don't feel like doing the contour and highlight thing, usually when I'm doing my make up on a hurry. Something I don't understand about this blush is why suddenly so many people are saying it is chunky or not buttery.

¿Queda algo qué decir del que es probablemente el colorete más famoso del mundo? Me encanta Orgasm, y es el único colorete con brillo que tengo. Lo uso cuando no me apetece hacer el contorno e iluminador, por lo general cuando me estoy maquillando a contra reloj. Algo que no entiendo de éste colorete es porque de repente la gente está diciendo que es seco o que el brillo estás "a cachos".
Nars Orgasm swatches
Nars Orgasm swatches
It's not a buttery blush at all, but that doesn't mean it's hard to blend or chunky like, at all. Or the glitter, it isn't chunky neither. The blush itself is pink, and the glitter is iridescent gold. It isn't too pigmented, which is great because you can build the intensity as much as you want. I don't really think it's worth the price tag, but if you ever come across a sale or a discount coupon... use it. I really think Orgasm is the blush, very universally flattering.

No es un colorete cremoso para nada, pero eso no quiere decir que sea difícil de trabajar o que el brillo esté "a cachos", para nada. El colorete en sí es rosa, y el brillo es un dorado iridiscente. No es muy pigmentado, que es bueno porque se puede aumentar la intensidad como se desee. No pienso personalmente que se merezca el precio, pero si lo encuentras en alguna rebaja o con descuento... cómpralo. De verdad que creo que Orgasm es el colorete, que queda universalmente genial.
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
My pink blush collection || Mi colección de coloretes rosas
Do you own any of these? Which blush is your favorite?
¿Tienes alguno de estos? ¿Qué colorete es tu favorito?

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Disclaimer

Every photo here is mine unless stated so.

Every content here is original, not to be reproduced.

For more detailed information, please visit the Disclosure section.